The role of the ER technician requires partnering with the healthcare team (Registered Nurse, Provider, Mid-level Provider,) to provide a high level of exceptional care and critical thinking skills. Under the direction of the RN the ER Technician provides functions that are direct and indirect care. These include but are not limited to: Vital signs, intake and output monitoring, activities of daily living, application of simple dressings, Ophthalmology equipment set up, Gynecological exam set up, transportation, assisting with set up of orthopedic equipment for casting, traction and splints, simple tracheostomy care, maintenance of urinary drainage bags.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities Includes The Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Integrates patient’s rights into work practice.
- Provides exceptional patient care and service with every interaction
- Utilizes current methods of infection control.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit based issues.
- Collaborates and communicates with the health care team.
- Complete competency requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Attends staff meetings as required / requested.
- Utilizes cost containment practices.
- Preforms Phlebotomy
- Transports patients as needed
- Ensures stock and supplies are maintained in the patient care areas and carts to ensure efficient safe care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with the provider, mid-level provider and Registered Nurse about any patient clinical status or safety concerns they may have.
- Maintains the environment in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works with patients of all ages
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.