Looking for Emergency Room Technician
In accordance with our mission and core values this role is responsible for providing quality technical care to each patient under the supervision of an RN or the Emergency Department physician. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to: safety, patient care tasks, and procedures communication, customer service, and teamwork.
- Perform patient care duties utilizing a team approach in collaboration with the RN's, MD's, and other team members of the comprehensive care team.
- Must be able to perform the following tasks efficiently: perform/record vital signs, phlebotomy, CPR, apply oxygen delivering systems, perform simple wound irrigation/direct pressure/ dressings, prepare sterile fields for suturing, assist MD with treatment of nosebleed and other emergent conditions, apply restraints, clean medical equipment and prepare for sterilization, collect urine specimens, greet patients/family and prepare patients for physician/nurse examination.
- Place patient on cardiac monitor, identify potential life threatening arrhythmias and report immediately to the appropriate provider, pulse oximetry measurement, set up rooms for special procedures (pelvic, exams, ENT, sutures), apply splints and teach crutch walking.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately.
- Contributes to maintenance of a clean, safe environment to minimize hazards of infection or injury.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of Nursing Services.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education: High School diploma, GED, Metropolitan Test or equivalent; Certified Nursing Assistant (EMT acceptable for ED area) or RN or LPN licensure upon entry to the position or evidence of the fundamentals of nursing and one semester of clinical practice in an RN school.