Assists in providing direct and indirect patient care according to established procedures. Provides care for the adult, geriatric and pediatric population under the direction and supervision of an RN.
Essential Functions And Basic Duties:
- Clinical: Performs basic, routine and specialized tasks in assigned department, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Meets patients’ needs (to include providing baths, linen changes, bedpans, water pitchers, etc.).
- Assists with ambulation, positioning, elimination, personal hygiene, activities of daily living, routine comfort measures.
- Transports patients and transfers patients between stretcher and bed, bed to chair
- Provides nourishments as requested and authorized by orders including distribution and collection of meal trays as needed.
- Participates in shift report, reports observations, and unusual happenings to RN.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each patient in the delivery of services to them.
- Observes, monitors, and reports changes in patient’s condition, symptom, reactions or behavior as appropriate.
- Rounds on all assigned patients based on established standards.
- High School Diploma or completion of a certified nursing assistant/ medical corpsman program or 6 months equivalent experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- CPR Certification
- CNA Licensure