Looking for Emergency Room Technician
- Provides supportive care to the Emergency Department patients under the direct supervision of the Registered nurse assigned to your area or physician.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team member supports and assist team members in all activities.
- Assists Registered Nurse and physicians with assessments examinations and treatment.
- Performs and assists with technical skills supplies and equipment maintenance high level disinfection as defined in scope of practice.
- Performs duties as in-service including crutch walking dressing changes and assisting physician with splint or cast application.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Assists patients from vehicle into wheelchair or onto guney as need dictates.
- Documents patient care performed including vital signs bedside care and hourly rounds.
- Monitors stock and restock supplies as needed. Maintains and prepares rooms between patients and procedures.
- Inventory and document patients' belongings and valuables.
- Able to work in any setting/area of the Emergency Department.
- Upon order of physician or R.N. establish heparin lock with appropriate IV catheter.
- Perform 12 Lead EKG as directed by RN or ordered by physician.
- Collect and label blood specimens labeling accurately at the beside as directed by RN or ordered by physician.
- Transport patients and supplies
- Up to 3 years of ER Technician experience preferred.
- BCLS CPR certification required.
- EMT Paramedic and/or Medical Assistant license preferred.
- High School or equivalent. Graduation from a foreign medical and/or Medical Assistant program preferred.