Category: Patient Support Care
Department: Emergency Room
- Current Emergency Medical Technician licensed with the State of Michigan, Registered Nurses Aide Certification, proof of status as a student in a school of nursing, or completion of a nurse’s aide state approved training course. For those employees who have two or more years of current nurse aide experience, the above registered nurses aide requirement may be waived.
- Two Years Emergency Department experience preferred.
- HAZMAT Awareness Level and Incident Command Training 100, 200, and 700 within six months of employment in the Emergency Department.
- Cross training to ER clerk position required within six months of employment in the Emergency Department.
- Current BLS required.
- Must be able to review and demonstrate comprehension and application of Emergency Department Policies and Procedures, Core and Quality Measures.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate and interact with the general public, as well as with emotionally distraught patients, family member and visitors.
- Demonstrates awareness of the role of the Emergency Department in the community and emergency medical systems.
- Demonstrates awareness of available community resources.
- Must be able to assess gross patient needs and set priorities on work, functioning within orientation and training parameter.
- Must have the ability to work independently and organize several projects.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.