Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
- Performs procedures which do not require the skill, knowledge or judgement of a licensed professional and which may be safely delegated in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
- Accurately enters physician's orders and utilizes a CRT to input data and retrieve information at the request of the physician or RN.
- Maintains appropriate stock and equipment inventories in the unit and appropriately charges/credits for items used.
- Assists in the admission, discharge and transfer process as directed.
- Assists in the maintenance, care and disposition of properly labeled specimens.
- Assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance and other appropriate safety measures.
- Maintains and promotes a professional attitude by providing support and assisting co-workers and other team members in the delivery of patient care.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations.
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say "Professional Level-with AED", and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.