- Assist Triage Nursing in meeting the needs of individuals in the waiting area, with vitals, rooming patients, and helping get patients out of car.
- Completes daily stocking in assigned team.
- Assists RN with arrival of EMS patients.
- Transports patients to other departments within the hospital (CT, Surgery, and to admitted floor).
- Cleans room (changes linens on carts, disposes of used equipment and disposable items, and wipes down counters and sinks when necessary) in preparation for the next patient.
- Rounding hourly on patients and meeting their needs or communicating them to the RN.
- Performs or assists patients with personal hygiene such as oral care, dressing/undressing and elimination needs.
- Collects and accurately labels various specimens, including urine and venous blood specimens.
- Performs tasks including positioning and maintaining patient in correct and safe alignment; measuring and recording temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure; measuring and recording height and weight as directed.
- Assists with post-mortem care as directed by the clinical staff.
- Performs or assists with CPR.
- Communicates changes/information regarding patient's physical/mental condition to the RN.
- Performs and transmits 12-Lead EKG.
- Performs urethral catheterization (intermittent and indwelling).
- Answers incoming phone calls and places calls to ancillary departments and physicians.
- Completes physicians order for inpatient bed in TeleTracking system.
- Orders transport for patients in the TeleTracking system.
- Prepares charts for scanning and log them into Lynx.
- High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
- Experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician, a Phlebotomist, or certified in Iowa as an EMT-B or Paramedic.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.