The primary purpose of the ER Technician is to assist the RN by proactively obtaining blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analysis, assuring expeditious and safe delivery of all lab specimens to the hospital lab, stocking departmental supplies, assisting with selected patient care under the direction of an RN, helping maintain a clean work environment, and transporting patients to various areas of the hospital.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports other direct caregivers as needed, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Cleans equipment/utility room and stocks rooms.
- Collects specimens and obtains blood glucose according to established procedures and per physician orders and policy. Arranges for transport of specimens to laboratory as appropriate.
- Performs EKGs, removal of Foley catheters, and bladder scans under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Places patient on monitor telemetry leads.
- Documents care provided in Cerner.
- Clerical duties including answering of phones, paging physicians, and maintaining up to date on-call lists.
- High School graduate
- Adheres to the hospital attendance policy and will make every effort to consistently be punctual when reporting to work and during daily activities.
- Basic computer skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.