30+ Days ago
1 day ago
Assists in providing basic care under the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Professional Nurse for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Follows policies and procedures of Capital Medical Center to provide patient care activities and related non-professional services in caring for personal needs and comfort of patients and families. Recognizes and reports patient needs to create a safe and comfortable patient care environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Recognizes and informs appropriately licensed staff of patient vital signs and symptoms of complications or change in status per department and hospital policies. Performs and completes assigned department tasks accurately. Assists licensed personnel when asked in the delivery of patient care.
2. Organizes and keeps the work area clean.. Assures chart holders are cleaned according to unit standards. Perform other specific duties related to EDA role (see Capital Medical Center EDA Job Responsibilities Form). *** (attached with annual evaluation).
3. Performs general reception duties (answering phone, directing visitors, and answering questions) in an efficient manner. Addresses patient or family concerns personally or refers to appropriate specialist while maintaining patient confidentiality. Coordinates patient’s activities (tests, procedures) with ancillary departments. Communicates effectively with ED and consulting MD/providers with a positive attitude.
4. Replaces all ink cartridges for multiple department printers. Replace paper in all printers. Order Xerox ink and troubleshoot machines for maintenance issues. Call tech support. Take lab specimens to lab. Turn over rooms. Assist MD and nurses with procedures. Transfer patients to the floor. Notifies nursing when par levels of supplies are low.
5. Addresses the needs of the nurses/providers in a prompt and caring manner. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient and unit environment. Shows initiative in performing routine tasks such as: instruments, unit cleanliness, equipment cleaning and care, and stocking of rooms when able. Demonstrates personal and professional safety techniques with good body mechanics and universal precautions. Stock ordered supplies in utility room.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent
3. WA Nursing Assistant certification minimum requirement
4. WA Medical Assistant certified credential
5. AHA Healthcare BLS
6. Completion of Basic Rhythm Strip Recognition course within 3 months of hire.
7. Previous Emergency Department Technician or EMT experience preferred.