Sterling Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are actively seeking women, minorities, and veterans for our positions.
Sterling Medical Corporation currently seeks a General Dentist to provide services in support of the U.S. Coast Guard at the Clinic Base in Portsmouth VA. The USCG Clinic works to provide comprehensive healthcare services for active duty service members and their beneficiaries. RELOCATION AVAILABLE
About Sterling Medical: Sterling Medical Corporation is a leader in healthcare professional staffing. For over 30 years, Sterling Medical has matched qualified healthcare providers with federal facilities throughout the nation as well as overseas.
- Current and active DEA number
- License from any U.S. state or territory
- “No unfavorable information on file” rating with the NPDB
- Minimum of 2 years of recent post-graduate work experience performing general dentistry
Specific Tasks: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Detailed history, testing and examination.
- Diagnostic, preventive, restorative, endodontic, and periodontal initial therapy services.
- Fixed and removable prosthetics; and oral surgery services.
- Case consultation with referring Dental Officer.
- Treatment plan recommendation and review.
- Participate in the Health Services Quality Improvement Program.
- Provide instruction to clinic staff on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur in addition to regularly scheduled appointments.
- Procedures necessary for relief of dental pain, swelling and infection with endanger the over health of the patient;
- The repair of dental prostheses where lack of such repair would cause the patient suffering