30+ Days ago
1 day ago
Premier Anesthesia, a leading national Anesthesia practice management and consulting company, is recruiting a Chief Anesthetist for an exciting opportunity with Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock, CA.
Compensation and Benefits:
W-2 compensation $225k
Sign-On Bonus $15k
Chief Anesthetist Stipend 25k
FULL BENEFITS: Medical, dental, 401K, and CME
Paid medical malpractice including tail coverage
A qualified CRNA/CAA responsible for the management of anesthesia services in collaboration
with departments of anesthesia, surgery, and nursing administration. The Chief Anesthetist will
assist in the development and interpretation of organizational policies for budgets and
personnel; assume responsibility for safe and proper operation and quality control of equipment,
techniques, and procedures; and analyzes and evaluates activities to assure established quality
• Assists the Medical Director in management of daily operations of the anesthesia
• Assists in the development of capital and operational budget for approval by Medical
• Documents need for changes in staffing/budget and makes recommendations.
• Coordinates the purchasing of supplies and equipment and maximizes efficient utilization.
• Contributes to planning goals and objectives for the department and assists
chair/director in coordinating activities and programs.
• Interviews selects and hires qualified personnel. Counsels and evaluates personnel and terminates when necessary. Implements personnel policies.
• Responsible for work schedules and assignments, on-call arrangements, and emergency
changes in collaboration with anesthesia staff.
• Develops productivity goals and measurements for departmental anesthetists.
• Assists in the development and maintains quality improvement programs for the
anesthesia department in collaboration with hospital programs.
• Maintains compliance with regulatory and accreditation agency requirements.
• Plans and coordinates the education of students and facility in-service educational activities.
• Represents anesthesia at hospital conferences and committee functions and serves as an
interdepartmental liaison where appropriate, at the digression of the Medical Director.
• Follows hospital policy on security of controlled substances and works with Pharmacy
and staff for any discrepancies.