30+ Days ago
1 day ago
Assists in providing basic care under the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Professional Nurse for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Follows policies and procedures of Capital Medical Center to provide patient care activities and related non-professional services in caring for personal needs and comfort of patients and families. Recognizes and reports patient needs to create a safe and comfortable patient care environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Recognizes and informs appropriately licensed staff of signs and symptoms of complications or change in status per department and hospital policies.
2. Sets appropriate priorities for care.
3. Contributes to a safe and healthy work environment by removing hazards, keeping unit/work area neat and orderly, and identifying/reporting potential patient/staff safety issues. Participates in organization-wide and department activities to help assure and improve patient comfort, safety, and care. Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
4. Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations in the area of practice, including National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
5. Addresses the needs of the patient/family in a prompt and caring manner. Consistently does hourly rounding on all assigned patients.
6. Understands and uses Cardiac Monitoring Equipment to record information. Responds to life-threatening situations and rhythms appropriately.
7. Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital requirements, assuring timelines, accuracy, and completeness. Consistently documents on each patient per policy and department expectations.