Summary of Essential Functions:
- Fill orders for drugs, monitor patient drug therapies, and provide drug information.
- Supervise and direct supportive personnel. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy or higher degree.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Licensure and Certifications:
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Texas.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision, handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule, ability to set priorities, and make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Fosters a team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members.
- Must be able to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, psychiatric, oncology, obstetric, chemically dependent, rehabilitation and skilled-nursing patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and dispenses drug orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols. Interprets drug orders and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete pharmacy patient medication profiles.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals including sterile products, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintain records as required by law.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department. Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the daily activities of pharmacy technicians. Participates in the performance appraisal of pharmacy support personnel.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments. Ensures pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner.
- Completes all assigned medication storage area inspections in a timely manner. Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department. Directs calls to appropriate personnel. Answers requests at the window.
- Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Location: United Regional Health Care · Pharmacy
Schedule: Full Time, 8 to 10-hour shifts, variable; every other or every 3rd