89 Days Ago
1 day ago
Provides a full range of psychiatric services to Legacy Community Health FQHC clients with the aim of improving the mental health and quality of life of the patients served.
· Perform assessments and provide treatment to clients of the Clinic.
· Keep regularly scheduled hours as agreed upon in the Service Agreement and actively see
patients in the Clinic.
· Meet or exceed productivity requirements as set forth by the Chief Medical Officer and the
Director of Behavioral Health.
· Develop and maintain clinical diagnostic and treatment protocols for psychiatric treatment.
· Be available by phone during regular Clinic hours should assistance be required and outside
of regular Clinic hours as scheduled.
· Assist in review and development of patient educational material before release to patients.
· Supervision of health care students assigned to the Clinic for educational purposes.
· Develop and maintain a program for clinical quality assurance.
· Supervision of non-physician providers, including Licensed Therapists, Neuropsychologists (re
testing), and our Behavioral Health Coordinators, with respect to psychiatric treatment.
· Attend meetings as necessary.
· Participates in the Performance Improvement Program
· Other Duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements:
Must be Medical Doctor, Board-certified (or Board-eligible and working toward certification) in Psychiatry with current Texas License.
Work experience requirements:
· Must uphold the Code of Ethics of their professional licensing entity.
· Must complete the minimum hours of continuing education to maintain professional license.
· Must maintain good standing with a professional licensing board.
· Must demonstrate cultural competency and sensitivity to all populations served.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, community, and the general public.
· Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable
· Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions.
· Must pass a criminal background check.