Responsibilities include prenatal, postpartum, family planning, contraception, health promotion, preventative health screenings, routine obstetrics, gynecological services and biofeedback therapy. Unit utilizes an electronic medical record system.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive women’s health care throughout the lifespan, with an emphasis on reproductive, gynecologic, and family-centered health education while administering quality patient care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population from menarche through the reminder of the lifespan.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute and chronic healthcare issues.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.