131 Days Ago
1 day ago
Performs imaging studies under the supervision of the Chief Technologist, Director of Imaging, and the Medical Director of Cardiology for our patients in the designated time frame. Tech follows the policies and procedures of Capital Medical Center to provide patient care activities and related non-professional services in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients and families. Recognizes and reports patient needs to create a safe and comfortable patient care environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensures radiation safety practices for the patient, co-worker, medical team, and self. Technologist is to wear Radiation Badge appropriately.
2. Daily test checks on the defibrillator. Document findings in the Cath codebook. Ensures that all appropriate cabinets are locked according to State Guidelines.
3. Competent in all aspects of injector operation.
4. Prepares and positions patients for cardiac procedures or as directed by the cardiologist. Communicates with patients to effectively reduce their anxiety levels. Checks armbands for correct identification of the patient. Scrub and assist cardiologists while maintaining sterile technique. Effectively performs the duties of the circulator during procedures providing equipment to the scrub tech as needed. Effectively performs the duties of the physiological monitor technologist.
5. Fully competent in post-processing techniques. Completes all appropriate clerical functions associated with each exam.
6. Calibrate, clean, and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper function. Transports appropriate supplies/equipment to CS for re-sterilization. Able to troubleshoot equipment and call service when needed.
7. Maintain assigned work area in a clean and orderly condition. Proficient in the use of the Meditech system. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor in a timely manner.