23 Days Ago
New York, NY
1 day ago
Richmond Health Network’s breast surgery program is located in the Women and Imaging Center, a woman-focused facility that includes state of the art breast imaging, cardiology, primary care and other specialties. Constructed in 2018 and Chamber of Commerce Building Excellence Award, in the highly regarded neighborhood of Sunnyside in Staten Island, the Center is positioned at the corner of a highly trafficked intersection with multiple public transit bus lines and only steps from Richmond University Medical Center. The Center’s interior was designed to provide the utmost comfort, care and privacy to its patients.
The selected candidate will have responsibility for growing a fledgling breast surgery program into one that meets the needs of Staten Island’s diverse population, through collaboration and engagement with community organizations, elected officials and other healthcare providers. The selected candidate must be willing to participate in outreach activities and speaking engagements in order to promote the Center’s services and the program. The program has begun the steps toward accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers which will ultimately be completed under the direction of the selected candidate.
The breast surgeon will be part of a collaborative team of fellowship trained oncologists, board-certified plastic surgeons and breast radiologists throughout Richmond Health Network. The program also includes a dedicated Coordinator, RN Navigator, medical assistants and clerical support.
• Work in fully staffed Women & Imaging Center
• Serve a diverse urban population
• Evening hours required to promote access
• Provide Article 28 clinic coverage twice monthly at Richmond University Medical Center
• Participate in Richmond University Medical Center’s Tumor Board
• Participate in Richmond University Medical Center’s Cancer Committee
• Obtain NAPBC accreditation
• EMR system: Office - AthenaHealth / Hospital - Meditech
• Teach residents and fellows
• Competitive salary and benefits offered including productivity bonuses, 6 weeks of paid time off, medical, dental, vision, malpractice coverage, and CME stipends
• Medical Degree from an Accredited University
• New York Medical License
• Graduate of a recognized Breast Fellowship training program