Christus Health - Longview, TX
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is seeking an accomplished, Board Certified Interventional Cardiologist with broad and balanced clinical, administrative and leadership skills to serve as the Associate Chief of Cardiology. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing practice! The successful candidate will have a robust clinical practice and should have demonstrated a high level of leadership experience and be able to outline a visionary future. Join a team of 4 Cardiologists, 1 Electrophysiologist and 3 NP’s. CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview is a full service, acute-care, 425-bed regional referral center.
Benefits of CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic:
- The area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group
- Over 700 physicians and advance practice providers representing 41 specialties in 82 clinic locations throughout Northeast Texas
- A physician led group with its own board of directors
- A national leader in patient satisfaction and quality initiatives
- A faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- Balanced professional and personal lifestyle
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive malpractice coverage
- No state income tax
- Relocation assistance
- No clinic buy-in
- 3 cath labs, but 1 is also EP
- Growing Practice, high volume
- Call will be 1:4
- 2.5 days in the clinic at this time
- Outpatient clinic volumes average 20 to 25 patients daily once established
- EMR: Epic for outpatient and Meditech on inpatient (will also be on Epic in 2021)
- Just started doing TAVR in March 2020
- Prior Leadership Experience in Cardiology
- Preference would be direct experience as Cardiology group leader- managing the team (discipline), growing the team, growing the services and working with admin.
- Able to join our program with the level of credibility/experience that would single them out as the cardiovascular leader of the team!
Chief Activities: 16 hours/ month for Chief duties
The Associate Chief collaborates with medical and administrative leadership and staff to achieve overall healthcare goals. The Associate Chief reports to the Chair of the Cardiovascular Institute.
- Participates in strategic planning for CTC Department of Cardiology and EP and CGSH
- Collaborates in establishing and achieving CTC C/EP department goals in access, quality, patient experience and financial performance
- Serves as the primary CTC C/EP department physician leader responsible for developing monthly clinic provider schedules consistent with clinic and department goals and responsibilities, maintaining equitable distribution of ambulatory clinic, regional clinic, hospital, technical and oncall responsibilities
- Participates with the Chair of the Cardiovascular Institute and system administration in the development and management of a budget and financial reports